The Over 10 Cases of Building Collapse in 3 Months
Building collapse has been reported these past three months in Nigeria at an average of three per month.
Below is a list of such cases and even at that, those listed here do not represent the actual number of occurences. Those listed are the cases to which archfiler.com is privy.
1. A 4 - Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State. July, 21
2. Three Storey Building Collapses At Ilasa, Lagos. May, 18.
3. A three-storey building beside popular Newton hotel located along the Umuguma hospital road still under construction collapsed in the early hours of July, 6th.
4. A building under construction at Stella Marris Street, Tanke, Illorin, Kwara State collapsed June, 22.
5. A building collapse at the Meiran-Abule Egba area of Lagos state, July, 22.
6. A 3 - storey building under construction collapsed 24th July, at umuahia Glass Road Obingwa lga Area of Abia State.
7. Building collapse at Tokunbo street, Lagos Island, July 26.
Structural damages or collapse has always been a true reflection of poor regulations. The is known, especially here in Nigeria, and with the seemingly non-challant attitude of those in power, we have a long way to go.
What do you think is the way out?